Happy Friday and Happy November! With Halloween officially behind us, the countdown to Black Friday has officially begun! Today, we are giving you access to a holiday budget template to begin your planning. Now is the time to begin developing your strategies to save the most for the holiday season. As we mentioned in our Black Friday Spotlight post, a major indicator of success it advance preparation and making a list and sticking to it!
Holiday Planning Tips
- Advance Preparation – Store circulars tend to be released slowly after Halloween. Take some time to carefully review all of the circulars and ads and scan for the best deals. Some items will be cheaper at other stores. Also for the truly dedicated, you can make an Excel spreadsheet to compare prices at multiple retailers.
- Make a List and stick to it! – Retailers count on the hype surrounding Black Friday to lead to impulse buying. We highly recommend making a list and avoid deviating from it as much as possible.
Travel Bandwagon Holiday Budget Template
Making a budget is often time consuming and stressful for many, but in fact is one of the greatest ways to ensure that you don’t overspend during this time of year. The Travel Bandwagon Holiday Budget Template is a very simple and easy to use spreadsheet that allows you to:
- Set up a spending plan for important friends and family members
- Keep a running tally of your holiday purchases in one location
- Keep track of “gifts for yourself” for the holiday season
We hope that you enjoy using this resource. Feel free to share it with your friends and family to allow everyone’s dollar to travel farther this holiday season! If you have any suggestions for the next iteration please share them with us in the comments section!